ROCHESTER, N.Y.– Business Process Outsourcers (BPOs) face a dilemma meeting customer demands for faster, lower cost document processing while expanding to help clients achieve their broader goals related to digital transformation. The harsh reality is that customers want “more for less”, which leads to price pressure in the face of declining page volumes. A recent study by Accenture provides further evidence that BPO’s have an uphill climb—one that begins with winning customer confidence and depends on service providers investing in technologies that enable them to stand out in a crowded marketplace. According to the study:
- 49 percent of BPO’s clients expect to undertake a wide-scale transformation of their business processes within the next two years.
- 60 percent of these clients believe current BPO providers lack the ability to drive this transformation.
- Meanwhile, 2/3 of the industry is focused on cost reduction.
Similar pressures are squeezing service bureaus and other scanning service providers. To help address these challenges, Kodak Alaris has enhanced its award-winning i5000 Series Scanners, adding two new models. The Kodak i5250 and i5650 Scanners offer greater efficiency and reliability at higher processing speeds of 150 and 180 pages per minute (ppm), respectively, increasing productivity in the most demanding business environments. The new models join the 210 ppm i5850 Scanner at the high end of the Kodak Alaris scanner portfolio.
“Given the magnitude of digital transformation in organizations, it is imperative that service providers keep pace by expanding, enhancing and adding value to traditional capture offerings,” said Anne Valaitis, Director of Image Scanning Trends Solutions and Services with InfoTrends. “These new targeted offerings from Kodak Alaris, the worldwide market leader in high-volume production scanners, will help service providers to usher in a modern synergistic environment while partnering with their clients for true dramatic change.”
i5000 Series enhancements raise the bar for production scanning
The next generation i5000 Series Scanners have several advanced features that efficiently handle complex tasks and difficult document types. The scanners are engineered to reduce pre-scan labor such as document preparation and post-scan processing. They’re also designed to prevent exceptions, which require additional manual labor. In addition:
- Interactive multi-feed detection allows users to monitor multi-feeds on their PC and quickly choose to ignore, accept or rescan images from the scanner control panel.
- With Intelligent imprinting users can print a unique control number on each document as its scanned to make it easier to track and locate the document later.
- Advanced barcode reading saves data entry time and improves accuracy, delivering data directly to applications such as accounts payable and receivable, HR onboarding, and expense reports.
- The optional Kodak Controlled Dual Stacking Accessory for the i5850 Scanner automatically separates checks and patch sheets in a single step so they can be reused and so other productivity gains can be realized.
- Real world throughput, which allows customers to get the same throughput and productivity at 100 dpi as 300 dpi, whether all scanning features are on or off.
“Many service providers are in cost saving mode but our research indicates that they should actually be investing in new technologies to differentiate themselves,” said Tony Barbeau, vice president Products & Solutions, Information Management division, Kodak Alaris. “It’s no longer an option to offer ‘me too’ services. Service providers must help clients adopt new solutions that accelerate the transition to more advanced workflow processes. Our new production scanners are designed to do precisely this. We’ve gone beyond offering ‘speed and feed’ improvements to get to the heart of our customers’ information management needs.”
About the Information Management Division of Kodak Alaris
Kodak Alaris is driven by the simple belief that we can always find a better way. Our Information Management division helps organizations capture content from digital and paper sources, extract insights, and deliver the right information to the right place at the right time for better business outcomes. Our portfolio includes award-winning document scanners, a global service and support team, and software and solutions that capture and intelligently manage information. For small offices and large-scale organizations, we provide new ways to automate processes, improve customer interactions and make smarter business decisions.
The Kodak trademark and trade dress are used under license from Eastman Kodak Company.
Public Relations Director
Information Management, Kodak Alaris
Martha De Labbey
Senior Account Executive
Text100 for Kodak Alaris