Dry Laser COM Microfilms
If you need the highest quality thermally processed microimages available...
KODAK IMAGELINK DL 1000 Microfilm is a rapid-access, thermally processed (dry) silver computer output microfilm (COM). It's designed to generate positive-appearing camera originals (dark characters on a light background) in fiche format. When you use DL 1000 with Kodak Premium 1000 Thermal Print Film 1323, you get the highest quality duplicate at optimum equipment throughput speeds.
This film is designed to be exposed by a red (helium neon) laser, used in equipment such as:
- KODAK Komstar 100/200/300 Microimage Processors
- KODAK Komstar Microimage Processor IV
- KODAK Optistar Datawriter
- KODAK Optistar V Processor
- KODAK Komstar Processor V
- KODAK Optistar Image Writer
The film can be handled in room light, and the equipment used does not require any special plumbing, venting, or dark rooms.
KODAK IMAGELINK DL 1000 Microfilm is primarly used to make masters for generating negative-appearing distribution copies (clear characters with a dark background) on thermal print film. Postive- or negative-appearing copies can also be made on diazo or silver films, depending on your preference. This film is not intended to be used as the primary "working" copy or for frequent use in reader printers.
Features and Benefites
- Ease of use - can be handled in room light
- Stand-alone process - compatible equipment does not require any special plumbing, venting, or dark rooms
- Flexibility - positive or negative appearing copies can also be made on diazo or silver films
- Convenience - make masters for generating negative-appearing distribution copies on thermal print film
- High contrast
- Extremely fine granularity
- Ultra-high resolving power
- Very slow speed
- Optimum sensitization for helium-neon lasers (633 nm) for character exposure and filtered tungsten source for forms overlay
- Blue-tinted 4 mil Estar Base of 0.1 nominal visual density
- Organic silver compound and an incorporated developing agent in the sensitized layer
- Industry compliant - meets requirements of ANSI/NAPM IT9.19-1994 for thermally processed silver microfilms
- Re-formulated emulsion layer - improved image tone gives you blacker characters; reduces post-process print-up; improves raw stock keeping (resulting in invariant speed); improves halation protection
- New conductive antistat layer and copolymer backing - reduces dirt attraction, giving you cleaner dupes; improves transport and handling; lowers duplicator exposure time (increasing productivity); reduces Newton's Rings on dupes; newly patented technology
- Improved overcoat - improves overcoat adhesion on processed fiche; newly patented technology