Online Privacy Notice
(Revised September 3, 2013)
Our Commitment To Privacy
Within this Privacy Notice, Kodak Alaris Inc. will be referred to as "The Company."
At The Company, we are committed to protecting your privacy online. Our pledge is to safeguard any personal information that you provide us, and to make every reasonable effort to use this information only as you choose.
We are taking a leadership role in assisting our customers and other businesses in understanding the importance of using your personal information appropriately. The Company is a member of the Direct Marketing Association's Safe Harbor Program.
As an active member of the Direct Marketing Association, we are showing our commitment to making the Internet a safe and secure place for you to transact online. The Company is also a participant in the Safe Harbor program between the US and the European Union and US and Switzerland.
Scope of This Notice
The goal of this Privacy Notice is to advise you of the online privacy practices of kodak.com and to describe the choices you have about the way the information collected on this site is used. It also applies to consumer digital registration cards. For information about other offline data collections, use the contact information noted below.
- This Privacy Notice applies to customers in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, South Korea, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Poland, United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Customers in all other countries are covered by the kodak.com Online Privacy Notice (Kodak.com/go/privacy).
- This statement does not apply to individual customers. To review our privacy notice for consumers, click here.
- If you provide your personal information and you indicate your residence is outside the U.S., you may be offered a privacy notice that is specific to your country of residence. In such case, The Company is operating this site for itself as well as a service provider for its global affiliates.
- On our co-branded sites (such as those sites where The Company has presented content together with one of our retail partners) a privacy notice unique to that site may be presented.
- Private sites (such as those only available to dealers and distributors) and sites created for our employees (or prospective employees) may also have privacy notices unique to those sites.
- Sites maintained by The Company subsidiaries and affiliates, although linked to kodak.com, have their own online privacy notices.
Your Personal Information
The Company's primary goals in collecting personal information about you are, first, to give you a meaningful, enjoyable, and personalized website experience and, second, to facilitate the development of new products and services relevant to consumers like you. Personal information also allows us to provide better service to you by tailoring our communications to match your interests- deliver more of what you want and less of what you don't want.
Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Explicitly Provide:
In order to establish your account, register products, or to participate in various online programs offered through kodak.com, you will be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information to us such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. You can choose not to provide this information but then you might not be able to participate in some of our services or offerings.
Information We Automatically Collect:
We use common internet technologies such as cookies and beacons to ensure the integrity of our site and to customize portions of the site for you.
Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive, at a web site's request. The Company cookies do not contain any personal information, but are used primarily as follows:
- to keep track of temporary information. For example, cookies allow us to keep track of the pictures you upload and download;
- to register you in programs, such as kodak.com Membership. Cookies allow us to remember you when you login to the places on our site that require Membership;
- to remember your country and language preferences;
- to help us understand the size of our audience and traffic patterns;
- to collect and record information about what you viewed on our Web site and what you viewed in our e-mail;
- to manage and present site information and the pictures displayed on your computer, and
- to deliver information specific to your interests.
Cookies and Third Party Advertisements
The Company participates in cookie-based ad networks operated by:
- Netmining LLC
- AOL and affiliates, Tacoda and Advertising.com
- Google Analytics™
In addition, the Network Advertising Initiative offers useful information about Internet advertising companies (also called "ad networks" or "network advertisers"), including information about how to opt-out of their information collection. Please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Web Beacons: We also place small "tracker gifs" or "beacons" on many of the pages on our website, in online advertising with third parties, and in our e-mail. We use these beacons, in connection with cookies, to collect non-personal data on the usage of our site including but not limited to the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, the referring web page, the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc..), the type of operating system (e.g., Windows, Linux, or Mac), and the domain name of the visitor's Internet service provider (e.g., AOL). This information is collected about thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole. This information is useful in, for example, tracking the performance of our online advertising such as online banner ads and to determine where to place future advertising on other web sites.
Google Analytics™: Kodak.com uses Google Analytics, a third-party web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ('Google'). Google Analytics uses "performance cookies" to analyze how you use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. This website uses Google Analytics with the expansion '_anonymizeIp()'; therefore, only abbreviated IP addresses will be further processed, so that a direct connection to the individual user is eliminated. Your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the Treaty on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google Server in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of the website operator for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity, and providing other services to website operators relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google will not associate the IP address transmitted under Google Analytics by your browser with other data held by Google. You may prevent the use of Google Analytics by disabling cookies in the browser's set up screen. You may prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software; however, we must advise you that in this case, you might not be able to use all functions of this website to the full extent. You may prevent Google from recording the data generated by the cookie and pertaining to your use of the website (including your IP address), or processing these data by downloading and installing the following browser plug-in available through Google at the following link:
Google's Privacy Notice can be located at www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
IP Address: We analyze IP addresses in the aggregate for system administration purposes and to gather broad demographic information. We do not link IP addresses to your computer's User ID, with the following exception: when you place an order using our online checkout process we record your computer's IP address with your order to help us identify fraudulent credit card use. We may share this information with the financial institution that issued the credit card with which an order was placed, or with law enforcement authorities if we determine, or are notified, that the use of the credit card was fraudulent.
Customer Export Order Screening: The Company employs technology and uses public watchlist data obtained from MK Data Services (http://mkdataservices.com/) to screen all export orders in compliance with US Federal and International rules and regulations regarding export controls for denied and restricted parties.
Using Your Information
The Company only uses your personal information to conduct business with you. Some examples include:
- registering you in programs
- creating and maintaining accounts
- processing, fulfilling, and following up on orders
- answering your e-mail
- communicating with you
- sending colleagues information on your behalf
- sending surveys
- registering products
We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account, the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service and to personalize communications.
Does The Company Share Your Information?
Your personally identifiable information will not be rented or sold to any third party. The Company may share your personal information as follows:
- Companies who work on our behalf: We contract with other companies to perform business support functions on our behalf, which may involve limited access to your personal information. We require these companies to use the information only to provide the contracted services; they are prohibited from transferring the information to another party except as needed to provide those services. Some examples of these business support functions include order fulfillment, coupon fulfillment, award and rebate fulfillments, customer survey execution; and information systems management. We also may make aggregate non-personal information available to select service providers.
- The Company's subsidiaries and joint ventures: A subsidiary or a joint venture is an organization in which The Company owns at least a 50% interest. If The Company shares your information with a subsidiary or joint venture partner, The Company will require that they not transfer your information to another party for marketing purposes or use your information contrary to your expressed choices. If you have indicated that you do not want to receive any marketing information from The Company, we will not share your information with our subsidiary or joint venture partner for their marketing purposes.
- Business Transfers: The Company reserves the right to transfer your personal information in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets. If the business is sold or transferred, The Company will give you an opportunity to tell us not to transfer your personal information. In some cases, this may mean that the new organization will not be able to continue providing to you the services or products that The Company provided.
- Law Enforcement: The Company may disclose personal information to third parties without your consent for any of the following reasons: to comply with any law, regulation or court order, to cooperate with Government investigations, to help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights of The Company or its subsidiaries.
Your Choices about Receiving E-mail
The Company may send you e-mail about your orders or your account and in response to your questions. The Company and its subsidiaries may also send you e-mail with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate you do not want to receive them.
Under most circumstances, we will give you an opportunity to let us know your preference regarding the receiving of promotional e-mail. This option applies to promotional e-mail only, as we may find it necessary to send you e-mail relating to your account, order, product or pricing changes.
Promotional e-mail that you receive from The Company will tell you how to decline receiving future promotional e-mail. For additional information about declining e-mail from The Company, click here.
Protecting Your Information
The Company implements a variety of administrative, managerial, and technical security measures to help protect your personal information. The Company has Internal Control Standards which relate specifically to the handling of personal information. These include certain controls to help safeguard the information we collect online.
The Company employees are trained to understand and comply with these controls and we communicate our Privacy Notice, practices and guidelines to our employees. However, while we strive to protect your personal information, you must also take steps to protect your information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the Internet.
Some of our sites may enable you to participate in public services such as discussion boards, chats, and live events. Please use discretion when posting personal data about yourself when using these services. Be aware that when you disclose personal data at these sites, such as your name, member name, e-mail address, etc., the information may be collected and used by others to send unsolicited e-mail. The services are open to the public, and what you post there can be seen by anyone and is not protected. The Company cannot control the comments that you may receive while you participate in these services. You may find other people's comments to be offensive, harmful or inaccurate.
Some The Company Web sites contain links to and from other Web sites and The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of those Web sites. The Company encourages you to ascertain the privacy practices of those Web sites.
Keeping Your Information Accurate
If you are a registered user, you can review and update your profile using your user name and password. You can also contact your Customer Service Representative.
The Company complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. The Company has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view The Company's certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
How to Reach Us
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy when using The Company Web site, please contact us by mail at:
Kodak Alaris Inc. Attn: Worldwide Marketing - Online Privacy Office 2400 Mount Read Blvd. Rochester, NY 14615
The Company's Online Privacy Office will work with you to resolve any concerns you have about this Notice.
The Company also participates in the Direct Marketing Association Safe Harbor Program. Further information about their program is available athttp://www.dmaresponsibility.org/safeharbor/consumers.shtml. In addition, consumers may register and/or otherwise contact the DMA Safe Harbor Line as follows:
Safe Harbor Line Direct Marketing Association 1615 L Street, NW-Suite 1100 Washington, DC 20036
Changes to this Privacy Notice
The Company reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice from time to time, by posting a prominent announcement on this page or, in the event of a material change, by notifying by e-mail all customers whose personal information we have retained.
This Privacy Notice was last amended on September 3, 2013